Five-Day Challenge – Meetings that don’t suck!
October 18 @ 11:00 am - October 22 @ 12:00 pm
There’s an elephant in the room. And, that elephant just might be how dull or wasteful your meetings are.
Every day people are expected to attend some of the millions of meetings in the business world. But, unfortunately, too many of these meetings are unengaging, boring, and don’t serve a purpose.There are plenty of surveys into the effectiveness of business meetings revealing:
- Most employees attend 62 meetings per month, reporting at least half of them as a complete waste of time
- Executives consider 67% of meetings a complete failure in communicating the sole purpose for conducting them
- 92% of employees find themselves multitasking or daydreaming during meetings
- 69% of employees check their email frequently during meetings rather than paying attention
- 49% admit they do unrelated work during meetings rather than pay attention
(Survey sources include: Atlassian, HBR, The Muse, and Doodle)
The problem is that too many of the so-called solutions to meeting woes only make the problems worse.
It’s time to kick the elephant out of the room (or off the video call)!
Are you ready to lead meetings people want to attend and where they rave afterwards about how good it was?
Join me for a five-day challenge and learn how to:
- Turn even routine topics into engaging and lively meetings
- Empower everyone to speak up, even if its to correct the course of a meeting
- Capitalize on technology to improve your meeting outcomes
- Use your leadership presence to enhance the meeting
- Keep people from daydreaming and multitasking
What is a five-day challenge?
In five days, you will learn what it takes to host meetings that don’t suck. Then, during the following week, you will host a meeting and put what you’ve learned into practice.
The roadmap for the five-day challenge:
Week 1: Daily 30-45 live streams starting at 11:00 am (EST), challenging you to rethink how you see meetings
Monday — See the elephant and build a world without it
Tuesday — Grab the heart, mind, and soul of a meeting
Wednesday — Activate the meeting with your leadership
Thursday — Meetings that flow
Friday — Ending with a call to action
Week 2: Host a meeting and kick the elephant out of the room
Week 3: A follow-up Zoom call to deepen what you’ve learned
When is the challenge?
Monday, October 18, 2021 – Friday, October 22, 2021
Daily calls start at 11:00 AM (EST) and will be finished by 11:45 AM
What does it cost?
Nothing, except your time
How to sign up
Complete the form below, then click the link below to sign up for a closed Facebook group (only people registered for the event will be allowed into the group).