You can build any team, any time. It’s not rocket science, but it is a skill you can learn.
Team Orientation Process
Learn, then practice the step-by-step team leadership process and activities that build a cohesive, high-performance team that will succeed with clear agreements and shared responsibility.
Refocus and drive performance on existing teams at every level. Best of all, every team you ever lead or become a part of will start off strong – and you’ll achieve so much more together.
The secret ingredient
The Responsibility Process®
You’ll learn exactly how each of us takes (or avoids taking) responsibility for our teams, activities, choices – and lives. The Team Orientation Process will unlock your own potential and show others how to unlock theirs.
VPs, Directors, Team Leads, ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, Project Managers, and professionals who work in teams to get things done
- Understand why a team does or doesn’t generate a felt sense of shared responsibility
- Have diagnostic and interpersonal tools you can use to build collaboration
- Know there is always an effective action you can take to build any team, at any time
- Get your own work done easier, faster, and better when dependent on others
- Surround yourself with team members who take ownership
- Move past upsets and frustrations faster, more naturally, and with less residue
- Know how and when to gently contribute or, if necessary, take charge to get folks aligned and moving forward
- Gain respect and put yourself in the position to be promoted
Your registration includes:
- Intensive hands-on and proven leadership skills
- A valuable participant manual containing your own notes
- Leadership skills based on what works naturally (called “is”-based) as opposed to “should”-based models requiring everyone to read the same book or attend the same training.
- You own electronic copy of Mike’s book Activate your Leadership: Be the Leader others want to follow
- Invitation to a private 60-minute follow-up session with Mike a few weeks following the workshop. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions after having the opportunity to apply your new leadership skills on the job.
- A coupon from The Responsibility Company worth $100 off the Responsibility Immersion Program
November 14, 2023 – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (EDT)
November 15, 2023 – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (EDT)
Early Bird: $797 CAD
(Before October 14/23)
Regular: $997 CAD
(After October 14/23)
For groups of 3 or more, contact Mike for a 10% discount.
HANDS ON INSTRUCTION
Live and highly interactive.
Practice with new team building tools.
- Apply The Responsibility Process® when things go wrong so you can get the team moving forward again immediately.
- Take ownership for the productivity of your team, no matter your role.
- Get others to show you their most responsible behavior rapidly so you’ll have confidence in your peer leadership abilities.
- Practice the 5 highest leverage activities you can do to build any team any time.
- Learn the keys to building your team without taking time away from work for team building activities so you don’t have to sacrifice productive time together.
- Rethink how you define a team (by its members or by the collective task?). It will change how you view team performance.
- Discover why team member motivation is more critical to project team success than technical skill and expertise so that you can master dealing with issues of peer motivation.
- Understand and master the universal keys to motivating peers who don’t report to you.
- Create contexts that drive healthy team dynamics of trust, respect for individuals, and goodwill and cooperation.
- Understand and capitalize on the huge inventory of talents, skills, characteristics, preferences, strengths, and abilities that others bring to your team.
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Team Orientation Process
The Responsibility Process
Predicting Group Cohesion
Team Building Confidence
Shared Task Clarity
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Realizing Intrinsic motivations
Clear and Elevating Goals
Gifts and Differences
Mike has worked with hundreds of leaders to help foster cultures where everyone takes responsibility for innovative, creative, and lasting change.
A dynamic and engaging workshop leader, Mike brings his experience in leadership, coaching, relationship systems, teaching, and mentoring to create a robust and fun workshop experience.
Mike is an Accredited Mentor of The Responsibility Process and a faculty for the Responsibility Company. Mike is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, an ICF Professional Certified Coach, and an Organizational Relationship Systems Coach. Mike is also a graduate of the Co-Active Training Institute Leadership Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cancellation policy?
- 100% refund 30 or more days before the event
- Less than 30 days before the event – Full credit you can use for a future workshop
Is there a discount for two or more people?
Does Leading for Change offer coaching services?
This may not be the right time
Subscribe to be notified about upcoming workshops opportunities.